The Director of Finance will be a strategic decision maker with the senior leadership team and run all financial operations as New Story continues to grow its impact scope and depth. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization. New Story’s projected revenue for 2020 is 10-12M with growth plans in 2021 of 20M.
The Director of Finance will utilize and manage an outsourced Acuity.co financial team (Financial Manager, Controller, and Bookkeeper) to be successful. While we are looking for a leader to bring in new knowledge, processes, and strategy the below is a list of responsibilities.
- Review monthly financial reports and close for accuracy, areas of saving/optimization, and opportunities for better financial forecasting, management, and efficiency
- Manage and meet with our Acuity.co Financial Manager, Controller, and Bookkeeper
- Ensure program and business models are developed in sync
- Review and approve invoices and larger expenses
- Manage treasury and forecast cash flow
- Communicate financial trends and analyses to Executive team
- Create financial plans by using historical information and projected organizational plans
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand relationship between planning and resources required
- Analyze cost-effectiveness and impact-effectiveness of program, operational, or financial scenarios
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Prepare annual budget and long-term financial model
- Build out and oversee internal controls and financial process
- Own end to end management and review of New Story’s annual IRS required audit and 990 process and and liaise between accountants, auditors, audit committee, and Executive team
ABOUT NEW STORY
We pioneer solutions to end global homelessness. We work with local organizations around the world to build successful, thriving communities, and we are fully committed to researching and developing new ways of building better and faster. We’re a young team based in Atlanta and San Francisco. Usually, you can find us drinking coffee or bubble tea and eating churros wherever we can find them.
YOU MUST HAVE…
At least seven to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial management experience, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
Experience managing annual budgets greater than 5M
The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication
Flexible and a self-starter
Proven effectiveness leading and managing professionals in finance and accounting