The Global Director of Finance is a strategic decision maker and leader partnering with the senior leadership team. You’ll run all financial strategy and operations as New Story grows its impact scope and depth. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to build an innovative financial function at a well-respected, high-impact organization. New Story’s revenue for 2020 was 10.5M with growth plans in 2021 of 20M and 10 year revenue growth plans of $250M+. We have big plans!
The Global Director of Finance will utilize and manage an outsourced Acuity.co financial team (Financial Manager, Controller, and Bookkeeper) to be successful.
Problems you and your team will solve:
- Develop and implement New Story’s blended finance strategy and approach
- Design and launch innovative investment products to move the needle for housing at scale
- Design and launch innovative financial vehicles that remove blockers in the housing market
- Scale financial systems, controls, and processes as New Story grows to $250M+ annual revenue in the next 10 years
- Hire and build out a world class finance and lending team
- Review monthly financial reports and close for accuracy, areas of saving/optimization, and opportunities for better financial forecasting, management, and efficiency
- Manage and meet with our Acuity.co Financial Manager, Controller, and Bookkeeper
- Ensure program and business models are developed in sync
- Review and approve invoices and larger expenses
- Manage treasury and forecast cash flow
- Communicate financial trends and analyses to Executive team
- Create financial plans by using historical information and projected organizational plans
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand relationship between planning and resources required
- Analyze cost-effectiveness and impact-effectiveness of program, operational, or financial scenarios
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Prepare annual budget and long-term financial models
- Build out and oversee internal controls and financial process
- Own end to end management and review of New Story’s annual IRS required audit and 990 process and liaise between accountants, auditors, audit committee, and Executive team
ABOUT NEW STORY
We pioneer solutions to end global homelessness. We work with local organizations around the world to build successful, thriving communities, and we are fully committed to researching and developing new ways of building better and faster. We’re a young team based in Atlanta and San Francisco. Usually, you can find us drinking coffee or bubble tea and eating churros wherever we can find them.
YOU MUST HAVE…
At least 7 to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial management experience, ideally in the nonprofit/social impact sector
Experience managing annual budgets greater than 5M
- Preference in the following experiences:
- lending/structuring finance/debt
- blended finance
- international/cross border finance
- housing/mortgage finance
The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication
Flexible and a self-starter
Proven effectiveness leading and managing professionals in finance and accounting
PS. If you’ve read this far, you should know we prioritize great people over what school you went to or if this is your second job or second career. If you think you’re the right fit to help us achieve our mission, speak up, apply, and tell us why. Extra effort and personal touches will be looked upon favorably. Show us how much you want this job, and not just any job.
We do not have a specific start date for this role, however, we will start to vet applications and reach out to the top candidates for step two of our interview process in early 2021. Don’t delay as early applications will get prioritized.