As New Story closes out our 5th year as an organization, we’re doubling down on a scalable engine to run our organization in 2020 and beyond. We expect to triple our major gift fundraising in 2020 and are looking for a team of relationship-focused revenue strategists to help us do it.
The Growth Operations Associate will work on our Home Funding team to support of our fundraising and donor experience initiatives. Specifically, you will help support:
1. The Builders are a unique group of donors who cover all of our operational expenses, innovations and enable our 100% model. These donors are typically high-net-worth families and individuals who give $50K+ per year to New Story.
2. The Architects are a unique group of donors who cover all of our home funding and a percentage of our R&D funding. These donors are typically high-net-worth families and individuals who give $10K+ per year to New Story.
In partnership with the Fundraisers:
Define and document best practices and policies (systems, processes, and tools) that will drive efficiency and ensure an excellent donor experience.
• Implement a consistent Donor Research system to maximize opportunities
• Establish weekly, quarterly and annual metrics systems to assess team and individual Pipelines
• Act as team CRM Administrator and ensure CRM usage policies are understood and followed
• Manage the timely, quality execution of Donor Reporting & Proposals
• Ensure excellent documentation, execution and adherence to policies pertaining to gift fulfillment
• Manage data dashboard for the sales teams with the ability to translate information to data-driven decisions
Support the work of fundraisers to manage a portfolio of over 1000 individual donors and families.
• Provide front-line support to donors for a wide array of needs including assisting donors with administering grants and gifts from their funds and providing transactional support
• Serve as backup for front-line support to donors seeking assistance, providing clear and timely responses to inquiries by phone and email
• Provide comprehensive strategic, logistical and administrative support for numerous donor events throughout the year
Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of work experience required; office experience preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to service, excellence, and discretion with highly sensitive and confidential data
• Demonstrates the capacity to multitask in a fast-paced environment, stay organized and proactively manage workflow to meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication and customer support skills
• Computer fluency with spreadsheet and database applications
• Attention to detail and superior organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with diverse people and in multicultural environments
• Ability to participate in evening and weekend events
• Ability to travel as requested
You see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait to fix it. You have a strong desire to make New Story a world-class organization.
You are obsessively diligent.
You always follow-up. You never forget to send a thank you card. You create prioritized to-do lists and always complete the task at hand.
You are a team player.
You find it easy to communicate with others about the status of your work. You enjoy collaborating in order to achieve goals. You aren’t intimidated to manage cross-functional projects and deadlines.