As New Story closes out our 5th year as an organization, we’re doubling down on a scalable engine to run our organization in 2020 and beyond. We expect to triple our major gift fundraising in 2020 and are looking for a team of relationship-focused fundraisers to help us do it.
This role will focus on a unique group of donors, The Architects, who fund homes and communities with us. These donors are typically high-net-worth families and individuals who give $10K+ per year to New Story.
In partnership with the cofounder/CEO and Chief Growth Officer, this role will be part of the team to help design and implement a sustainable development strategy to increase philanthropic revenue from a diverse portfolio of high net worth leaders and brand partners.
Home Funding Responsibilities
• Personally manage and grow a diverse portfolio of major donors (including individuals, brand partners, family foundations, and faith partners), that will exceed a minimum of $1M annual recurring revenue, $3M total contract value, by the end of 2020
• Develop a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio, analyzing supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies, and maximize results
• Actively identify new qualified prospects and add them to the annual revenue pipeline, working closely with the entire major gifts team to create a cohesive and integrated plan that includes a robust plan in strategic markets
• As assigned, work with the major gifts team and event manager to plan and execute cultivation and stewardship events for major donors throughout the year, including New Story’s annual gala and Vision Trips
• Adhere to fundraising best practices, including systems utilization, prospecting, donor reporting, and analytics
• Partner with your colleagues to deliver an innovative, creative, and exceptional donor experience that results in renewals and increased funding year over year.
• 3+ years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience with a focus on major gifts Success in soliciting and closing 5-figure+ gifts from individuals and/or foundations or corporations
• Outstanding ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-lasting relationships
• Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders (including funders, peers, direct manager and reports, board members and supporters)
• Ability to participate in evening and weekend events
• Experience effectively using a CRM tool
• Ability to travel at least 25% of the time (domestically and internationally)
You can pitch. Confidently and passionately.
You’re comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to hear no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability.
Values guide your actions.
You believe in New Story’s values and they match your own. You deeply understand yourself and act on your values to the benefit of all.
You are obsessively diligent.
You always follow-up. You never forget to send a thank you card. You create prioritized to-do lists and always complete the task at hand.
You are deeply respectful.
You are interested in other people’s stories. You are inquisitive and curious. You are warm, thoughtful and respectful to all.