New Story will begin accepting Fall 2021 applications in September.
ABOUT NEW STORY
New Story pioneers solutions to address global homelessness. By partnering with excellent local organizations and amplifying local labor, local knowledge, and local materials we build successful, thriving communities and homes. But, we do things differently. From 3D home printing to participatory design, we are fully committed to researching and developing innovations to address the global housing crisis.
SUMMARY OF THE FELLOWSHIP
You’ll research innovations and best practices in the affordable housing space to contribute to New Story’s efforts to end homelessness worldwide, with a current focus on Latin America. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to New Story’s current development of projects and innovations for the sector in areas of finance, data, housing production (architecture, engineering, and construction), and social and promotion.
As part of this Fellowship, you will:
- Be a part of interdisciplinary fellows from around the globe
- Join coffee-chats with like-minded individuals to discuss topics related to social housing
- Be inspired by a team of individuals that have dedicated their careers to housing innovation
- Have the opportunity to present your ideas and expand your presentation and deliverables skills
- Have an open space where you can continue to grow into other cohorts and leadership opportunities
- Potentially shape research into projects or experiments with the New Story team
- Work with task force-like projects such as the COVID-19 rent relief program
A total of 8 hours minimum weekly is required to be considered part of this fellowship. This is an unpaid, remote volunteer position. This deep dive into a specific housing typology or innovation will serve as the foundation for New Story’s long-term strategy and selection criteria for innovative projects to pursue.